Main Research Objectives:
- Observations and understanding of the physical properties of pressure-densified solids.
- Experimental study of pressure-induced solid-to-solid phase transitions. Synthesis of hard materials at high pressure.
- Application of the first two objectives to transition metal oxides, Fe-Ni alloys, and simple molecular solids.
- Develop novel ways to probe solids submitted to very high pressures in diamond anvil cells.
- Improve the ability to perform high resolution X-ray diffraction at high pressure using synchrotron radiation and the new generation of area X-ray detectors.
- Development and applications of micro-Raman spectroscopy.
- Software development for the analysis of powder X-ray diffraction data (XRDA) and images (SImPA).