- R.J. Smith?, My life with mathematical tattoos (Chalkdust Magazine, 2018)
- J.-P. R. Soucy, R.J. Smith? (faculty sponsor), Cats, Rabbits, Birds, and Viruses, Oh My! Modelling the Conservation Implications of a Complex Virus Release in a Predator-Prey System (SIAM Undergraduate Research Online, 2017, Volume 10, Article 4)
- R.J. Smith?, Book review: An Introduction to Mathematical Epidemiology (SIAM Review, 2017, 59(1), 218-219)
- F. Nyabadza, J.H.B. Njagarah, R.J. Smith?, Modelling the dynamics of crystal meth ('tik') abuse in the presence of drug-supply chains in South Africa (Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 2013, 75(1), 24-48).
- R.J. Smith?, Book review: The Geographic Spread of Infectious Diseases (The Lancet Infectious Diseases 2010, 10:3, 153-154).
S.V. Komarova, R.J. Smith, S.J. Dixon, S.M. Sims and L.M. Wahl, Mathematical Model Predicts a Critical Role for Osteoclast Autocrine Regulation in the Control of Bone Remodeling (Bone, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2003 pp206-215).