- A. Wang, Y. Xiao, R.J. Smith?, Dynamics of a non-smooth epidemic model with three thresholds (Theory in Biosciences, 2020, 139(1), 47-65)
- C. Chen, N.S. Chong, R.J. Smith?, A Filippov model describing the effects of media coverage and quarantine on the spread of human influenza (Mathematical Biosciences, 2018, 296, 98-112).
- R.J. Smith?, The viral spread of a zombie media story (In: Mathematical Modelling of Zombies, R.J. Smith?, ed, The University of Ottawa Press, 2014, pp1-25).
- V. Tweedle and R.J. Smith?, A mathematical model of Bieber Fever: the most infectious disease of our time?
(In: Understanding the dynamics of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases using mathematical models, S. Mushayabasa and C.P. Bhunu, eds, 2012, pp157-177).
- R.J. Smith?, Braaaiiinnnsss: An introduction
(In: Braaaiiinnnsss: From Academics to Zombies, R.J. Smith?, ed, University of Ottawa Press 2011).
- J.M. Tchuenche, N. Dube, C.P. Bhunu, R.J. Smith? and C.T. Bauch, The impact of media coverage on the transmission dynamics of human influenza (BMC Public Health 2011, 11(Suppl 1):S5).