- R.J. Smith?, Using Mathematical Modeling to Eradicate Diseases (In: Mathematics of Planet Earth: Mathematicians Reflect on How to Discover, Organize, and Protect Our Planet, H.G. Kaper and C. Rousseau, eds, 2015, pp182-183)
- M. Al-Arydah, A. Mwasa, J.M. Tchuenche, R.J. Smith?, Modelling cholera disease with education and chlorination (Journal of Biological Systems, 2013, 21(4) Article ID: 1340007).
- R.J. Smith?, P. Cloutier, J. Harrison and A. Desforges, A mathematical model for the eradication of Guinea Worm Disease
(In: Understanding the dynamics of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases using mathematical models, S. Mushayabasa and C.P. Bhunu, eds, 2012, pp133-156).
- S. Mushayabasa, C.P. Bhunu and R.J. Smith?, Assessing the impact of educational campaigns on controlling HCV among women in prison settings (Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation 2012, 17, 1714-1724).
- K. Small and R.J. Smith?, Zombie instructors: A career made flesh
(In: Braaaiiinnnsss: From Academics to Zombies, R.J. Smith?, ed, University of Ottawa Press).