I am an Assistant professor at both, the Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Ottawa.
Previously, I was Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow (MSCA-OTmeetsDFT) at Paola Gori-Giorgi's group at the Department of Theoretical Chemistry of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam .
Collaborators and friends: As many of us, I am learning how to work remotely and following statistics and scientific articles regarding the SARS-CoV-2. Please do reach me if you want to discuss, share literature and support each other during these challenging times.
Recent Activities & News:
- [SCHOOL: 10-14th January] I am co-organizing the School The Mathematics of Machine Learning at Centro De Giorgi, Pisa, Italy. A Workshop following the topics of the School will take place also at Centro De Giorgi at 17-21 January 2022.
- From August to December, I am visiting the Simons Institute in Berkeley and attending the long-program Geometric Methods in Optimization and Sampling .
- I gave a mini-course on Optimal Transport and Machine Learning at the AutoCheMo Machine Learning Workshop organized by SCM.
- After the new relaxation measures in The Netherlands, I will travel to Eindhoven from June to August to work with Oliver Tse at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
- In May, I am attending the SIAM Conference on Materials Science in Bilbao, Spain. I gave a talk at the mini-symposium "Numerical Methods for electronic structure calculations" organized by Gero Friesecke and Benjamin Stamm.
- Our paper Learning normalizing flows from Entropy-Kantorovich potentials has been accepted for a contributed talk (oral) at the 2020 ICML workshop (July 12-18) on Invertible Neural Networks, Normalizing Flows, and Explicit Likelihood Models .
Past Activities (2017-2020)
- I am keeping my fingers crossed to be able to attend the Geometry and Learning Conference, organized by IPAM (Los Angeles) in December 13-18.
- In 4th-8th May, I attended the online Workshop Optimal transport and applications to machine learning and statistics, at MSRI, Berkeley.
- From March to June, I traveled to Los Angeles to take part of the (now online) program High Dimensional Hamilton-Jacobi PDEs, at IPAM.
- From 23th to 27th February, Mircea Petrache was visiting the Theoretical Chemistry Department at the VU and working with me.
- In February-March, I am teaching the BSc course Mathematical Methods in Quantum Chemistry at VU.
- 12th February: I gave a talk at the CASA Colloquia of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
- 3rd-7th February: I gave a talk and celebrated the 30th aniversary of the Convegno Nazionale di Calcolo delle Variazioni at Levico Terme.
- In the last week of January, Flavien Léger was visiting the Theoretical Chemistry Department at the VU and working with me.
- In 14th November, I gave a talk at the Applied Mathematics Seminar, at Utrecht University.
- In 26th September I was visiting Banff to work with Mircea Petrache (PUC Chile).
- I gave a short talk at the school Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Machine Learning, 7th-11th October, Centro De Giorgi, Pisa.
- I gave a talk at the General Mathematics Colloquium at the VU at 11th September.
- In the last years, I taught the course Topics in Mathematics of Data Sciences and a Ph.D. course on Density Functional Theory and Optimal Transport.
- I have co-organized the Workshop Optimal Transport meets Density Functional Theory (2017).