- Y. Samia, A.D. Kealey, R.J. Smith?, A Mathematical Model of a Theoretical Sleeping Sickness Vaccine (Mathematical Population Studies, 2016, 23(2), 95-122).
- R.J. Smith?, An easy way to speed up the eradication of polio (Pi in the Sky, 2015, 19, 19-23).
- C. Browne, R.J. Smith?, L. Bourouiba, From regional pulse vaccination to global disease eradication: insights from a mathematical model of Poliomyelitis (Journal of Mathematical Biology, 2015, 71(1), 215-253).
- C. Rogers, R.J. Smith?, Examining provincial HPV vaccination schemes in Canada: should we standardise the grade of vaccination or the number of doses? (International Scholarly Research Notices, 2015, Article ID 170236)
- R.J. Smith?, J. Li, J Mao, B. Sahai, Using within-host mathematical modelling to predict the long-term outcome of human papillomavirus vaccines (Canadian Applied Mathematics Quarterly, 2015, 21(2), 281-299).
- E.J. Schwartz, R.J. Smith?, Identifying the conditions under which antibodies protect against infection by Equine Infectious Anemia Virus (Vaccines, 2014, 2(2), 397-421).
- N.S. Chong, J.M. Tchuenche, R.J. Smith?, A mathematical model of avian influenza with half-saturated incidence (Theory in Biosciences, 2014, 133, 23-38).
- K.-F. Gee, K. Addison and R.J. Smith?, Modelling the impact of a live virus vaccine for Tularemia
(In: Understanding the dynamics of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases using mathematical models, S. Mushayabasa and C.P. Bhunu, eds, 2012, pp23-48).
- M. Al-arydah and R.J. Smith?, An age-structured model of human papillomavirus vaccination (Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 2011, 82(3), 629-642).
- B.P. Konrad, N. Vaidya and R.J. Smith?, Modelling mutation to a cytotoxic T-lymphocyte HIV vaccine (Mathematical Population Studies, 2011, 18(2), 122-149).
- J.M. Tchuenche, N. Dube, C.P. Bhunu, R.J. Smith? and C.T. Bauch, The impact of media coverage on the transmission dynamics of human influenza (BMC Public Health 2011, 11(Suppl 1):S5).
M. Llamazares, R.J. Smith?, Evaluating human papillomavirus vaccination programs in Canada: should provincial healthcare pay for voluntary adult vaccination? (BMC Public Health 2008, 8:114).
R.J. Smith?, E.J. Schwartz, Predicting the potential impact of a cytotoxic T-lymphocyte HIV vaccine: how often should you vaccinate and how strong should the vaccine be? (Mathematical Biosciences 2008, 212, 180-187).
R.J. Smith?, Could low-efficacy malaria vaccines increase secondary infections in endemic areas? (In: Mathematical Modeling of Biological Systems, Volume II 2007, A. Deutsch, R. Bravo de la Parra, R. de Boer, O. Diekmann, P. Jagers, E. Kisdi, M. Kretzschmar, P. Lansky and H. Metz (eds). Birkhauser, Boston, 3-10).
S.M. Blower and R.J. Smith, Is population-level perversity a likely outcome of mass vaccination against HIV? - Authors' reply. (The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Vol 5 2005 255-256).
R.J. Smith and S.M. Blower, Could disease-modifying HIV vaccines cause population-level perversity? (The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Vol 4 2004 pp 636-639).