- P. Saunders-Hastings, B. Hayes, R.J. Smith?, D. Krewski, National assessment of Canadian pandemic preparedness: employing InFluNet to identify high-risk areas for inter-wave vaccine distribution (Infectious Disease Modelling, in press)
- P. Saunders-Hastings, B. Hayes, R.J. Smith?, D. Krewski, Modelling community-control strategies to protect hospital resources during an influenza pandemic in Ottawa, Canada (PLoS ONE, 2017, 12(6): e0179315)
- N.S. Chong, B. Bionne, R.J. Smith?, An Avian-Only Filippov Model Incorporating Culling of Both Susceptible and Infected Birds in Combating Avian Influenza (Journal of Mathematical Biology, 2016, 73(3), 751-784)
- N.S. Chong, R.J. Smith?, Modelling Avian Influenza using Filippov Systems to determine Culling of Infected Birds and Quarantine (Nonlinear Real-World Analysis Series B: Real-World Applications, 2015, 24, 196-218)
- N.S. Chong, J.M. Tchuenche, R.J. Smith?, A mathematical model of avian influenza with half-saturated incidence (Theory in Biosciences, 2014, 133, 23-38).
- J.M. Tchuenche, N. Dube, C.P. Bhunu, R.J. Smith? and C.T. Bauch, The impact of media coverage on the transmission dynamics of human influenza (BMC Public Health 2011, 11(Suppl 1):S5).