About me and about this page:
My research is in category theory, logic and related areas. Click on my research tab for a detailed explanation
of my topics of interest, current projects and collaborations.
Under the teaching tab you will find
a list of courses I am teaching now and have taught in the past, including links to the course homepages.
Last Fall term, I taught MAT2362:
Foundations of Mathematics. This Winter term, I don't teach.
If you are an undergrad or (prospective) grad student then look under the students'
- A description of the various courses offered by the logic group in Ottawa;
- What is logic and category theory? A brief and down to earth explanation of what these subjects
are about, as well as an elementary description of some of the research projects I work on;
- Suggestions for projects and thesis topics, both for prospective graduate students and for undergraduate students interested in summer projects.
On this page you will find most of my papers in electronic form, as well as some other material (slides of talks, handouts, lecture notes).
- 1994-1999: Undergraduate studies: CKI (Cognitive Artificial Intelligence), Utrecht University.
- 1999-2003: PhD in categorical logic, Utrecht University.
- 2003-2005: Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa.
- 2005-2006: Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary.
- 2007-2013: Assistant professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa
- 2013- : Associate professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa