Mathematics and Statistics
University of Ottawa
585 King Edward Ave.
Canada K1N 6N5
E-mail: alistair.savage "at-sign" uottawa "dot" ca
Phone: (613) 562-5800 ext. 3513
Office: KED 207G
Office hours / Heures de bureau:
- Wednesday, April 9: 10–11am
- Friday, April 11: 10–11am
- Tuesday, April 15: 10–11am
- Thursday, April 17: 10–11am
- Tuesday, April 22: 1–4pm
- Representations of infinite-dimensional Lie algebras
- Geometric and combinatorial representation theory
- Quivers and quiver varieties
- Quantum groups and crystal bases
I am currently an Associate Professor at the University of Ottawa and a member of the Algebra and Lie Theory Groups as well as the Network of Ontario Lie Theorists. I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of British Columbia and my Ph.D. at Yale University under the supervision of Igor Frenkel. (See here for my complete mathematics genealogy.) After graduating, I spent a semester at the Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik in Bonn, Germany before spending two and a half years as an NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Toronto and the Fields Institute. My current research involves the use of geometric, combinatorial, and categorical methods to study various topics in representation theory.
The following is a list of upcoming workshops, conferences or seminars in which I am involved either as an organizer or a participant. For a list of talks I have given in the past, see here
. For a list of conferences and workshops I have organized in the past, see here
- I am co-organizing (with E. Neher and V. Chari) a thematic semester New directions in Lie theory to take place at the Centre de Recherches Mathématiques, Montréal, QC, January–June 2014. As a part of this semester, I will be teaching a mini-course Introduction to categorification. Download the poster for the semester here: English, French.
- Representation theory and related topics, ICM Satellite Conference, Daegu, Korea, August 6–9, 2014.
- I am co-organizing (with Peter Fiebig, Simon Goodwin, Jonathan Kujawa, Arun Ram, and Michela Varagnolo) a workshop Algebraic Lie theory and representation theory to take place at the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Edinburgh, UK, September 1–5, 2014.
Information on upcoming workshops and conferences in Ottawa (and sometimes other places) can be found by clicking on the "Upcoming Activity" links to the right or by checking the list posted here.